Besides, so many people seem to be having lots of fun in their expressive worlds. I want some of that goodness. I'm already experiencing some creative regeneration in the last couple of weeks, due to the need to define who I am in all these areas. I just did what will be a regular maintenance sweep through of some of my pages and friends' pages. I can see that this new habit may not be healthy, but if one must be addicted to something, a digital fix is environmentally much better than a lot of other fixes I can think of right now. I'm excited to have run into some friends I haven't seen, and links to artists I haven't heard in a while. My nugget of the evening: being reminded of how much I LOVE SAUL WILLIAMS! He brings infinite calm as the eye in the storm that is life in America.
Ok there's one more nugget from Bova's page on Myspace: what is this? It's funny I know that much! What the HECK is this?
5.05.2006
I'm in a late night loop... sandblasting out of a creative rut
I can't help myself. I like to stay up late at night for no truly good reason. Reading, clicking around on my laptop, listening in shuffle mode to the many varied tunes on my ipod. Now I'm adding an addiction to all sorts of curious online culture spaces to the list... friendster... flickr... myspace... blogger... tagworld... oofah. One or two will become my preferred modes of communication, but right now, I feel a need to get to know a few. I've been wanting to cultivate some areas of self-expression. Fulfill a need to communicate with others outside of my immediate circle. But I hate the phone. I've fallen into the abyss of giving so much of my creative energy away that it leaves little desire for filling the well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment